Thursday, May 22, 2008

Updates.

Just an update here...I have got a place in the local Malaysian Matriculation programme...to Kedah Matriculation College, in Changloon.....Many would say this is pretty useless programme...no value at all....yep, i agree with you on that....but would like to share my point of view here....

Right from before, I didn't want to go to the Matrics...i totally despised it like how I used to despise Form 6 (still do though..) I had a cousin who completed Matrics and subsequently got into USM...and recently graduated already.....so it's natural for my family members and uncles aunties to talk me into going to Matrics...but that wasn't the thing that changed my mind.

I was thinking all this while that perhaps if i do STPM i will stand a better chance of securing an overseas scholarship later on.....compared to Matrics....but realistically...to score a cgpa of 4.0 in STPM is not an easy task.....and Matrics definitely proves to be a better option...

From another perspective, i believe most STPM students will end up in public universities also because majority won't be able to score the perfect score....and on the other hand Matrics students are reportedly guaranteed a place in the public universities already prior to completion of the programme...and if the student is able to maintain a cgpa of 4.0....he or she is able to choose the course and university he or she favours.....

And....STPM takes 1.5 years which after completion another half a year will be wasted waiting for the results.....whereas Matrics offers a 1 year programme....and to according to my preliminary calculations, it will only take 9-10 months......Another good thing about it is that it goes by semesters....and not like STPM where you cram two years worth of knowledge into one particular exam....It's not to say i'm not up to the challenge...but rather....I do not want to put myself in unneccessary pressure if i have a choice, which right now i do....

I plan to continue taking STPM tuitions....where I keep up to the STPM level of education...while sitting for the Matrics paper....this is the best thing i can do to make up for all the shortcomings in the quality/level of education provided in Matrics....just hopefully things will be smooth-sailing...I still plant a hope (a dying hope maybe) to get JPA.....but for now....this is my best choice, best bet.....and I guess im satisfied with it.....I believe with more effort, i will be able to keep up to the STPM standards.....

Imagine when you attend a tuition where everybody seemed like they are in a pressure cooker....you are just breezing through trying to gain as much knowledge as possible without worrying about STPM.....i guess it would just be great....

and...as I have always confessed....I really HATE Sejarah.....so Matrics once again proves to be a better choice because there are only three subjects to be taken, two sciences (either Phy or Bio stream) and Maths....NO Pengajian Am!!! WOohoo....Byebye to Perundangan, Kehakiman etc. heh heh.....

But....for the beginning.....it also means i won't have my laptop with me to Kedah....until everything settles down and after I have confirmed studying there.....I will definitely be deprived of the Internet!!!arghhhhh....

I have got to sign out now....i'm still going to school tomorrow....would like to spend my last few days in my school of five years....and with friends whom i have known for over a decade.....oh..not to be forgotten...teachers.....many of whom treat me like their friend....=)....by the way, I'm not going to withdraw from the school yet...I'm giving myself two weeks to try out in Matrics....so I will give a firm decision only after the school holidays (yay...school holidays bless me from being absent in school for two weeks!!) =D

No comments: