Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed

The title is clear...it's a famous proverb which almost every primary school kid knows...but how many of us are really a friend of such....Take just a moment and ask yourselves...

1. When was the last time you comforted someone because the person was heartbroken/sad/down?

2. When was the last time a friend of yours who was having troubles searched you up for a chat?

and most importantly, why do you think your friend looked for you though he or she still has many other friends around?

As for myself, when I'm sad, I will share my thoughts and whatever else that was bothering me. Close friends to me know this is the only mean that can make me feel better....not throwing things everywhere in the room, not slamming the door, not knocking my head against the wall! My reason? I feel much better after talking about my problem to my friend....

This post is supposed and meant to serve as a reminder to everyone....the next time a friend approaches you when he or she is in trouble, try to be as considerate as possible...and comfort, support him or her back....because this is what you need the next time you are down.....

Whatever else can come after your friend has calmed down.....like if you think you want to help your friend rationalise his or her problem....because more often than not, nobody who is down wants another person to rub salt at the wound....it hurts....not only because of the problem he or she is facing but it also hurts your friendship....

Yes, i admit this post came in after my personal experience with a friend (im sure you know who you are)..i was glad that you realised it....because honestly i was a bit worried if it will permanently damage our friendship...after all the things i said.....and also after all the things you said....well...i appreciate the openness we share...at least...now nothing is damaged....=)

So...to everybody out there....your friend in need...needs your support and comfort...and not to be forgotten, my favourite...teehee HUGHUG!!(*winks* at Raymond, Mervin and my close gal pals..you guys know this works wonders for me XDXDXD)..

Remember to be there for your friend in need ok? ;) and don't hesitate to talk things out with your friend when the need arises to avoid any misunderstandings and damages to your friendship....a good friend doesn't come falling through the sky....it came through mutual respect.....or at least this is what i think....


Think of yourself in your friend's position!

No comments: