Thursday, April 17, 2008

LIES

Why do people lie??

Dictionary.com defines it as a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

I will get particularly upset if im being lied to, who doesn't?? But, some people choose to just be ignorant about it.....but to me, it's a big thing....

Sometimes, I only choose not to upset the person who is lying, so i keep quiet about it.....but that doesn't mean i accept the lies im hearing......I want to hear the truth even if it hurts...because to know that someone is lying to me hurts me more...

Recently, I met a new friend whom i'm going to refer as X...we had great chats..weren't the I talk, X doesn't talk conversations..X questioned me a lot on the topics we randomly chatted about..were definitely two-way conversations....after awhile (3 weeks or around there)....I have completely no idea what happened....X disappeared from my msn....so i went through my chatlog with X over and over again...wondering if there was anything wrong in our conversations that caused this...but i assure u....NOTHING...everything seemed normal....

As a person who goes online everyday,especially on msn, I knew the probability for such a person to NOT on the msn at all for two weeks is near to zero....so there comes my thought about X (who had been online everyday since the first day we chatted, for the entire day, even if X was away).....so it striked me that X could have blocked me....but why??

so the story continues....

I saw updates on X's frienster profiles, uploaded photos...etc....so the reason of 'busy' that i pacified myself with earlier was again ruled out....then i took one of my friend's advice to email X...to find out the truth....i'm such of a person who just need to find out everything....and particularly, i cherish every friendship.....so i will go all out to check if anything went wrong.....

I waited.

for i think 8 days...and the reply came.....8 days is nothing because some of us do not check our emails for months....so i was fine with that.....

and X mentioned that nothing was wrong....just too busy to online.....i was happy learning that nothing was wrong....and X was just busy....I naively accepted it that way...although I knew it may not be that simple....it's natural for us humans to accept things the way we wanted it to be....

To this date, i can say i almost forgotten about X..due to all the busy scholarship stuff that i have been up to...till i decided to randomly check X's Friendster profile out....just for the fun of it...and guess what.....I saw VERY recently updated profile, shoutout etc....and X's Facebook activities were also extremely recent, like hours ago...so it didn't take long for me to wonder again, if X has been lying all this while??But, why?

I have decided not to ask X about it anymore...we stopped communicating (including emails) altogether now....it's not fair if i assume that X has been lying all this while....so i shall leave this story hanging as it is till this moment....

Back to the original topic, LIES...


Is it a neccesity or an excuse?Reflect.

No comments: